| Career Profile
- Teaching Assistant,, University of Washington, Seattle (1983-1985).
- Post-doctoral Visiting Fellow, Nuclear Reactions Group, TIFR (1990-1993).
- Lecturer, Dept of Physics, Bose Institute (1993).
| Research Interests
Spectroscopy of trans-Lead Heavy Nuclei at the
Indian National Gamma Array (INGA).
Development of gamma ray, charged particle and neutron detectors for nuclear and high energy physics experiments.
Development of bakelite-based Resistive Plate Chamber(RPC) detectors for atmospheric muon detection.
Development, instrumentation and characterization of superheated drop detectors for various applications like radiation dosimetry, dark matter detection, etc.
Nuclear Reaction studies; multinucleon transfer reactions.
| Selected publications
- High spin states and isomeric decays in doubly-odd 208Fr, D. Kanjilal, et al., Nucl. Phys. A 842, 1 (2010).
- Study of timing properties of single gap high-resistive bakelite RPC, S. Biswas, S. Bhattacharya, S. Bose, S. Chattopadhyay, S. Saha, Y.P. Viyogi, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. in Phys. Res. A617, 138 (2010).
- Electric field distribution and simulation of avalanche formation due to the passage of heavy ions in a parallel grid avalanche counter, D. Kanjilal and S. Saha, Pramana 72, 833 (2009).
- Performances of linseed oil-free bakelite RPC prototypes with cosmic ray muons, S. Biswas, S. Bhattacharya, S. Bose, S. Chattopadhyay, S. Saha, M. K. Sharan and Y. P. Viyogi, Nucl Instrum Meth in Phys Res A 602, 749 (2009).
- Development of linseed oil-free bakelite resistive plate chambers, S. Biswas, S. Bhattacharya, S. Bose, S. Chattopadhyay, S. Saha and Y. P. Viyogi, Nucl Instrum Meth in Phys Res A 604, 310 (2009).
- Determination of depth of an etch pit through studies of diffraction rings, B Basu, S. Dey, A. Maulik, S. Raha, S. Saha, Swapan K. Saha, and D. Syam., Radiation Measurements, 44, 359 (2009).
- An active drop counting device using condenser microphone for superheated emulsion detector, Mala Das, A. S. Arya, C. Marick, D. Kanjilal and S. Saha, Rev. Sci. Instr. 79, 113301 (2008).